Hill site for paragliders and hanggliders
Lauf is a traditional site for hang gliders and was extended for paragliders in 1996. Lauf is regularly flown by the Windeckfalken. The launch site is located in the forest (aisle launch) on the Sodkopf and can only be reached by club bus. Alternative site "Omerskopf", which is easier to reach.
1. landings in the inner protection zone of the drinking water protection area "Au-Quellen" are only allowed in emergencies.
2) The alternate landing site may only be approached from the west (uphill) because of the 20 kV overhead line. When descending, the 20 kV overhead line passing by or crossing the valley in the area of the landing site must be flown over at a height of at least 50m.
3. the access roads to the take-off area may only be used by vehicles of the active pilots. No vehicles may be parked on the access roads.
4. the rules of the ground must be observed.
5. a flight log must be kept of the flight operations. The permit holder shall nominate an Air Supervision Officer to the DHV.
1. during training operations, a flight instructor must be present at the respective landing site to accompany the intended landing of student pilots by radio instruction.
2. take-offs during training operations may only take place with a second flight instructor at the take-off site in light wind (< 10 km/h max.) downwind conditions from W-WNW (crosswind take-off!).
3. regardless of the training operation, the terrain regulations and terrain requirements of the Windeckfalken e.V. apply.
Currently, there are no Flying Initiatives.