Hill site for paragliders and hanggliders
The Schauinsland is a challenging mountain to fly. A minimum glide ratio of 5.5 to 6 is required because the landing site is very far from the takeoff site. In between there is a lot of forest to fly over. The site is located in the nature reserve, so some conditions have to be observed. A briefing by the club is necessary! Important: Distance to the support cables of the Schauinslandbahn at least 100 meters! No top landing.
1. max. 5 hanggliders may be set up at the start at the same time.
2. the support cables of the cable car must be flown over with a minimum distance of 100m.
3. when flying over the tramway between Günterstal and Wonnhalde, a minimum distance of 50m above the catenaries must be maintained.
4. the transport of the aircraft to the take-off area is to be carried out by means of collective transports.
5. vehicles must be parked in public and marked parking areas.
6. the area may be used by pilots with restricted and unrestricted licenses. A-certificate pilots require instruction in the special features of the terrain and must be members of GSC Colibri Freiburg or DGFC Südschwarzwald. Training operations may not be conducted.
Currently, there are no Flying Initiatives.