- Takeoffs: 1
- Landings: 2
- Towings: 0
- Pilots: 2
Hill site for paragliders and hanggliders
Challenging terrain - briefing required!
Road must be flown over with sufficient altitude, take off in time!
On weekends shuttle bus from the landing site to the start.
1. due to the demanding take-off and landing conditions, all pilots for take-offs at the "Old Quarry" need a comprehensive initial briefing by the terrain owner.
2. two-seater pilots need a special briefing by the club. Wind conditions must ensure safe launches.
3. weather conditions must be suitable, especially attention must be paid to possible turbulence in the aisle. Tailwind and crosswind takeoffs are prohibited.
4. training flights may only be conducted if the pilots have successfully completed at least 30 altitude flights at other airfields. The presence of a flight instructor (at least 1 flight instructor and 1 assistant flight instructor) is required at the take-off and landing site. The student pilots need sufficient ground handling skills. Wind conditions must be laminar for training flights.
5. the road B 47 is not far from the barbecue hut emergency landing area and may only be flown over with a minimum distance of 50 meters horizontally and vertically.
The emergency landing area for paragliders at the barbecue hut is very difficult to approach. A wind direction indicator must be installed. The area must be kept free of obstacles.
7. landings with hang gliders are to be made on the parcels 107, 108, 109, 110 north of Schlierbach.
8. the permit holder is responsible for compliance (including guest pilots).
9. the "Brunnenweg" in the city forest Lindenfels, dept. 9, is not allowed for motor vehicle traffic. The parking lots "Sauwaad" and "Schwimmbad" are to be used.