Hill site for paragliders
Ideal east wind site.
Spacious takeoff meadow
Flight operation only by arrangement with club.
The site is located below the motorized airfield circuit of Bad Sobernheim airfield (located at 1300 ft MSL). Operation must be announced to the flight director. If this is not manned (e.g. weekdays), aircraft radio must be carried (frequency 118.925).
1. in case the flight director is not manned, the operation has to be registered at the office of the DAeC Luftsportverband Rheinland-Pfalz (Tel: 06751-2308). The registration is done by naming the start leader and has to be documented in a flight log of the Gleitschirmverein Nahe-Glan e.V..
2. a start leader with accessibility via radio is mandatory. The start leader is responsible for the constant contact to the flight control Bad Sobernheim. As a matter of principle, the air traffic controller must be on standby on the frequency 118.925 MHZ, even if the Bad Sobernehim air traffic control is not manned. The launch manager must keep a flight log of the flight operations. The flight control in Bad Sobernheim is to be given a cell phone number, under which the start leader can be reached alternatively to the flight radio. 3.
3. the start leader keeps contact to the pilots, who have to be reachable by radio all the time. All pilots have to carry a radio and an altimeter.
4. the terrain manager must ensure that only pilots with sufficient flight experience take off. All pilots must be instructed in the requirements and the special features of the terrain on site. The briefing must be given by the Air Supervision Officer or a person appointed by him. Training flights are not permitted.
5. the maximum flight altitude of 1300 ft MSL (approx. 430m) in the area of the motorized airfield circuit published in the Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) must be observed.
Currently, there are no Flying Initiatives.