Hill site for paragliders
Frequently used site with spacious takeoff area.
Located directly on the road between Oppenau and the Schwarzwald Hochstraße.
The landing site is located below on the slope and is not easy to approach.
Instruction by the terrain manager required.
1. access to the launch sites is exclusively on foot. Motor vehicles are to be parked in the public parking lots (Rossbühl, ski lift parking lots). The forest road "Sandkopfweg" branching off from the highway L 92 to the launch site Sandkopf may not be used as a parking area and must be kept free for truck traffic without restrictions as a logging road.
2. take-off area Rossbühl: flight operations must be directed out of the protected area towards the west. Low flying over the protected area is not permitted. Flights over the sanctuary exceeding 300 m above ground in thermal conditions are permitted. The flight altitude must allow reliable reaching of the landing site outside the protected area. An altimeter must be carried. Operations may begin no earlier than 2 hours after sunrise. The last takeoff must be made no later than one hour before sunset.
3. take-off area Sandkopf: The flight operation has to lead out of the protected area towards the south (landing area). Low flying over the protected area is not permitted. Flights above the sanctuary exceeding 300m are permitted in thermal conditions. The flight altitude must allow reliable reaching of the landing site outside the protected area. An altimeter must be used. Operations may begin no earlier than 2 hours after sunrise. The last take-off may be carried out no later than one hour before sunset. A flight log must be kept of operations at the "Sandkopf".
4. all pilots need a briefing on the special features of the flying site before their first flight. In particular, the nature conservation sensitive areas and the associated conditions are to be explained to the pilots in more detail. Pilots must be made aware of the fact that compliance with the regulations is mandatory. 5.
5) At the Wernest-Missigmatt landing area, the wet meadow sections may not be used as a landing area.
(6) On weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and on public holidays (and the associated bridge days), the site operator must appoint a launch manager to coordinate flight operations. The launch manager must ensure in particular that no launches are made with hang gliders or paragliders in unsafe flying conditions (e.g. downwind, strong turbulence). His instructions must be followed. The Flight Operations Regulations (FBO), Section II - Launch Management, must be observed.
Conditions landing area Nockenbauernhof:
1. the landing area must be secured during flight and training operations with information boards according to § 46 para. 2 Luft VZO. Training flights must be conducted with radio support and flight instructor at the landing area/launching area.
In northerly winds, lee situations may occur at the LP and on the flight path to the LP, which may not be recognized from the take-off site: Therefore no take-off in northerly/easterly winds > 15 km/h.
Currently, there are no Flying Initiatives.