Hill site for paragliders and hanggliders
Tourist Office Schoppernau
A-6886 Schoppernau in the Bregenz Forest
The Diedamskopf is perhaps the most beautiful panoramic mountain in the Bregenzerwald. A panoramic cable car takes guests up to a proud 2,060m via 2 sections. The main launch sites are located above the mountain station, next to the radio tower. Another launch site is located at the Diedamsplateau. It is also possible to take off at the middle station. Due to its southern orientation, this mountain is also thermally active early in the year. Very good thermal connections can be found in the direction of Kleinwalsertal, Lechtal and Arlberg.
Bregenzer Wald Card: Free of charge for stays of 3 nights or more. With it you can use all public transport and cable cars in the region. For paragliders
the first ascent of the day is free with the Bregenzerwald Guest Card,
either in Andelsbuch, Bezau or at the Diedamskopf!
In addition, free admission to the outdoor pools and discounts at numerous partner businesses.
Launching is only permitted from the marked launch sites (windsock). In winter, launching is not permitted on the ski slopes. In general, the defined flight corridor must be observed. Flight altitude at least 300m, in order not to disturb the "game"! (Observe information boards at the take-off and landing area and information sheet in the valley station).
Recommendations for behavior:
- keep to the designated flight area (red-marked area, avoid especially the Üntschen and Kanisfluh area!
- do not glide along mountain slopes and ridges with few trees
- keep as often as possible to a flight altitude of at least 300 m
- avoid known dwellings of the game
- keep your distance from spotted animals
Hints for hang gliders (especially in winter):
- the upper launch site (W) is about 300 meters from the cable car. the kite must be carried up, about 30-40 minutes
- the two lower ramps (S SW) are 250m below the mountain railroad. The kite must be carried here as well. Info on the website helps with planning. The right ramp is weathered and dangerous. The "new" ramp to the left, meanwhile also weathered and dangerous. Both ramps are without wind indicators. In winter: The pilot has to bring his own snow shovel.
- When skiing: the kite must be delivered to the cable car the evening before until 16.00, during the day when skiing is in operation, no kites are carried.
Currently, there are no Flying Initiatives.